We had the meeting yesterday with the guidance team. It was planned for 45 minutes and ended up going on for an hour, which still was not enough. The gifted programs people are clearly hesitant to go with the acceleration. They had a lot of 'what if's for me and I tried to give my best answers. As the school board does not have a process in place other than everyone talking about what they think about acceleration, I talked to them about IAS and showed them the forms too. However, they were not ready to look into it saying IAS was designed for kids in non-accelerated programs and it cannot be used for my DS as he is already in the gifted program. They did say about obstacles he will face in middle school like the last one to drive, puberty related differences etc. Overall, the meeting was more like sharing information, rather than making a decision. I was told that they need time to discuss among themselves and that they will let me know soon about the decision. I have the feeling that this may not happen after sensing all the hesitations and resistance to change the status quo from yesterday's meeting.

Last edited by ss62; 04/25/18 12:02 PM.