Originally Posted by ss62
Considering all thes factors, I have been talking to his teacher about a grade skip at this point.
Does the school use the Iowa Acceleration Scale (IAS)? Have you read up on this tool, to possibly position yourself to recommend its use?

the final decision will be made by the principal and the gifted programs office and also depends on the policies.
Have you read your State laws, and school polices?

I am a little concerned if the grade skip can impact him negatively in anyway. Are there any parents here who have opted for a grade skip and encountered negative situations?
There is good and bad in everything. There is a roundup of acceleration PROs and CONs in this old post.

Please also suggest how I should prepare for the meeting.
What is the purpose of the meeting? To define and initiate a process? To gather data from you? To present you with the school's decision?
A crowd-sourced list of meeting tips is found in this old Advocacy thread.

Reading through this advocacy guidebook right now. It is incredibly useful.
Yes, the Davidson Guidebook - Advocating for Exceptionally Gifted Young People is one of many helpful resources listed in the Advocacy thread.

Pointing to roundup threads and posts, and even the existence of roundup threads and posts, is not meant to put a damper on current conversations. Rather, it is to help provide a knowledge base for parents, even when the forum is not very active.