Thanks a lot indigo. All those inputs are eye-opening. I read up on all the policies from the school district to find out these details regarding "retention / acceleration".

"When a student is identified for retention, double promotion, or additional acceleration, the
guidance team will convene to conduct a review of progress, including progress reports,
standardized tests, and/or recommendations from previous instructor(s). If the school year has
begun, the student will be placed in his/her expected grade level, pending the recommendation of
the guidance team.
If the guidance team determines additional assessment is needed to make a recommendation, the
parents will be informed and their written permission will be sought. Upon completion of the
assessments, the guidance team will reconvene to discuss their recommendation for retention,
double promotion or additional acceleration as well as any additional special programs or
services."

His progress reports are a mix of 'meeting' and 'exceeding' expectation numbers. He takes only STAR few times a year as the standardized test. He has the WISC-V reports. Recommendations from the teacher will be positive, I hope.

From the policies, I understand it is more of a review team discussing his data and deciding on the acceleration. I am not sure if they have anything to collate all the data and quantify. I do not know if the school district is using IAS. If they are not, can I request them to?