I had a meeting with the school principal last week. Overall, the meeting went well. He totally heard me and accepts that DS is probably getting bored since there was a slight decline in the IRL and SS in his STAR Reading and Math between Fall testing and winter testing. I came to understand that the school district does not have a tool like IAS and that the guidance team will meet with us to decide about the grade advance. Thanks to indigo, I was equipped with a summary sheet, a detailed case study and copies of all relevant data during the principal's meeting. I provided him all of those. I have another meeting in a couple of weeks with the guidance team that includes gifted programs office director, his class teacher, the school psychologist, the principal and the asst. principal and I and DH. I am concerned that they do not have a tool to come up with the decision objectively. They will collectively discuss about the data with us and say an yes or no. I discussed about IAS with the principal , but they are not going to buy one and use it for my DS. I am wondering if I should just wait for the meeting or do something else in the meanwhile.