Thanks Dude and Indigo
Dude, yes, my son is a little petite for his age. But he is a sunny person with a positive attitude. That leads me to think he may fit in with older children.

Originally Posted by indigo
Pointing to roundup threads and posts, and even the existence of roundup threads and posts, is not meant to put a damper on current conversations. Rather, it is to help provide a knowledge base for parents, even when the forum is not very active.

I totally understand. I have been going through many of these links from the forum since the last couple of days.

They have mentioned that the meeting is to discuss about "my requirement" since I have e-mailed to the teacher about the grade skip and had a meeting with the teacher too. The teacher says she will approve it from her end, but I do not know yet if the school will approve this idea and initiate the process. I am providing them whatever data I have so far.

I did read about the IAS online and have asked the teacher to find out if the school uses it. Can this tool be accessed in anyway by parents to find out where the child fits?

The state laws do not say anything about acceleration. In the DYS link, I see that individual school districts decide it. I am not able to find the school district's acceleration policies online except for math placement.