Who every time I try to speak is yelling "No! I am NOT being negative and I'm NOT shouting down every suggestion you make without listening to it, I have NOT made up my mind that this is impossible and I am NOT refusing to consider alternate approaches".

Oh man, this sounds horribly familiar!!

But somehow this is my fault because he didn't go to the teacher anytime in the last several weeks because he wasn't having a problem until I tried to make him finish the work this weekend. And the assignment he didn't ever even start because it was impossible (as opposed to the others which were just hard)? It was too impossible to ever start in all the time he had, but somehow he didn't know until this weekend that he *couldn't* do it, even though he didn't try to start it at any point in the last month because it was too hard, so he never discussed it with the teacher because it wasn't a problem until I got involved and somehow this is all my fault.

Also this. In general, she wants me out of her life, except when things are somehow all my fault.

*sigh*

I bought the Smart but Scattered Teens book. I think it's going to be very helpful. We also had a big "come to Jesus" style talk about her current life goals (music/writing/art/creativity above all) and the fact that yes, she still needs to complete school and go to college to achieve them. Apparently, she had quietly decided that les artistes need not "do" school.