Ultramarine, we were where you are. It started in middle school with DS. At the time we attributed it to adolescent boy-ness, and we tried several methods to help him get his work in: signing off on homework by parent and teacher, SOAR, etc. It was impossible to get him to use his assignment notebook; thank goodness for school's online homework sites. But even when he did homework, and brought it to school, he might tell the teacher it was in his locker. If sent out to the hall to get it, he might not come back. He'd idly fiddle in the locker, or go to the restroom, until class was over.

It seems that several things were going on:
He was afraid his work wouldn't be good enough.

When he really did forget to do it or bring it, or he brought it late, or he wasn't sure about how well he did, he was afraid of what the teachers would think of him.

This advanced into being afraid to be "judged" at all, and by junior year of high school he had quit piano lessons (because there was an expectation though not a requirement that the students be in a recital), wouldn't give presentations, wouldn't turn in homework at all, wouldn't write at all, won't join the Math team (what if he gets something wrong, especially if it's just algebra when he's in Multivariable), quit the plays because you have to audition...the directors have told him if he wants to be in it, they have a spot and he wouldn't have to audition, but that brings us to another problem:
He won't take special opportunities; it's unfair to everyone else

We can trace a lot of this back to a couple of middle school teachers who told him, "you're a smart kid, this should not be a problem for you." Probably some students said such things to him, too; I remember children being surprised when he didn't get 100% and another who was so excited the day she exceeded his score on the MAP to become the high scorer. He is not competitive at all, and "doesn't get" why others might be.

We can also trace it to his intrerpretation and observance of the school motto that included the words Responsible and Respectful: being late or incomplete with something is irresponsible (he didn't want to face the consequences do he didn't turn it in at all); and asking for clarification is disrespectful because it means you are telling the teacher they didn't do their job well if you didn't understand an instruction.

On this forum I learned the phrase "socially-prescribed perfectionism", and it seems to fit the bill. It's not that HE thinks it has to be perfect, it's that he thinks OTHERS do, and what will they think of him if he can't meet THEIR expectations.

The anxiety that goes along with it finally got to be pretty serious. We started escalating interventions through the years, and in this his senior year we seem to be making progress. He is taking medication for the anxiety (as his social worker at school says, "he's more DS now"), he has an IEP that, among other things, has him in a supportive study hall where the teacher works with me to keep him up with the assignment notebook (that took a while to get going) and we are learning to recreate communication habits. He had 4 assignments outstanding one class, and actually got them all in, without getting upset or withdrawing. On two of them he couldn't figure out an answer, so he hadn't turned them in at all. And I was able to talk with him about them without getting frustrated. And he was finally able to ask the teacher and a friend about the questions he couldn't answer.

I don't know if this is what is going on with your DD, but if you can get the teachers on your side, and maybe get them to send her to a homework check-in person, like home room teacher, counselor, etc. Sometimes it's easier to let her think you are out of it. My son always told me to stay out of it; sometimes I let him think I was, when I had actually worked with a teacher to get something in place. It has to be consistent, though, and continue from one semester to the next. We did try to use a homemade SOAR, but at the time I was very distracted with other issues and could not give him the oversight he needed on it, but I think it could be a great system.
https://studyskills.com/parents/