Originally Posted by blackcat
So the chlorox wipes wiped out the dirty stuff--the bad grades! That's great! smile
Maybe Clorox should use this in their marketing materials? Ha ha!

I have no idea how it is you maintain your composure. I would be furious day in and day out.
I drink a lot of beer. :P And then there is the benefit of the numbing aspects of my PTSD. :P JK...about the beer, anyhow.

I just keep telling myself the year is so much better so far, and that this situation is not forever. Also, it's a first-world problem, isn't it? I have lowered my expectations and tried to put it all in perspective. Some days I succeed and some days, not so much.

I don't think DD's 504 is being followed either, and I was never even given an updated copy but at least in her case, poor grades or missing work don't really affect her at this point, other than teaching her to be careless and that it doesn't matter if she does or does not complete work. Luckily I think the school's plan is to write an IEP, but now we have the problem of her pediatrician not sending the 6 pages of ADHD checklists that the school insists upon.
It's still good you are proactive about all of this--I wonder if DS might have fared better if I had been a little more involved in his earlier education. I was just relieved he made good grades and seemed happy enough...we had a lot of lost ground to make up, because of my laissez faire attitude.

What's the deal with the checklists? Are they hell bent on new diagnostic info? smirk

Last edited by eco21268; 10/13/15 10:29 AM.