This is really just a vent, so go ahead and click out if that is annoying.

Today is the last day of the first quarter. DS is off to a really good start this year, all the way around improvement over last.

Yesterday, I receive email from teacher. DS is missing two major assignments. The zeros bring his grade from the 90-somethings I've been seeing all semester, to 68%. If DS receives a 68%, he is GONE. As in the next day.

Teacher is out of compliance with 504. Assignments are to be entered in gradebook within 24 hours of making them. These assignments were made 9/17 and 9/22 and entered...yesterday. smirk

The good news? Teacher and DS both say he did them but did not properly submit through the online system. Praying they are still on the hard drive of the computer he uses.

The other good (albeit somewhat ridiculous) news? DS can receive up to 30 extra credit points for bringing in cleaning supplies. <---yes, really. I won't comment on the ethics of this, but will thank my lucky stars I can afford to pay $15 in Clorox Wipes to tip him back into the 70% range.

This is a new teacher who has been out of compliance with 504 all year. I have made gentle, direct reminders, but was not terribly worked up about it because it is an elective class and DS had a 96% until last week.

Here are the newest qualities I am trying to develop in myself: be obsequious. Supplicating. Develop ability to beg. I wrote a pathetic email to the teacher explaining what the consequences to DS are if he does not get at least a C, and explaining this is the reason for that accommodation. I put all the blame on DS and his notoriety around failing to turn in completed work.

Just...ugh.