What would happen if you asked him to write a paragraph about that question (or similar question)? Tell him it's not Ok to write a single short sentence, and see what he comes up with next time. Maybe it's more of a written expression issue and he doesn't know he is supposed to use details to back up his opinion. DD is younger but I'm sure she would have written something similar. Her problem is impaired writing due to impaired EF, so what we are trying to do is use templates/graphic organizers to show her that you make a point, then give detail 1, 2, 3 (for example) to back up your main idea.
DS used to go to a speech teacher for articulation, but now that his speech is about 95% intelligible, he is going to the SLP more for social skills. For all I know, they think he has Aspergers, although no one has ever said that. They do have a neuropsych report stating that he should get social skills training (mainly because he comes across as quirky and neuropsych was worried about possible future bullying). I'm not sure how much they work on pragmatic speech issues, and how much they work on how to make friends and not lose friends (and that sort of thing).