I'm researching local resources. What I'm thinking is:

There is no question about the EF issues. He is profoundly impaired (I am using "profoundly" loosely). You can look at him straight in the eyes and say something and if he's not engaged, he can't repeat it. He takes 15 minutes per sock when getting dressed. These are just examples; there are many more. Medication helps with these issues.

The bigger question is about language. I don't know if he actually has an LD or if this is also EF.

There is an assessment center here that lists a couple of PsyD/PhDs that do psychoeducational testing. One will do school-based evaluations. One who is listed on Autism Speaks website and is experienced with ASD. None lists all of these specialities.

This center works on sliding scale and is offers services regardless of ability to pay, if insurance won't pay.

The university SLP will do evaluation and offers services--but those are students under supervision.

I think I should call the ASD experienced PhD first, because she lists psychoeducational evaluations. I can ask her if she is qualified to dx language disorders. I could also ask if she can administer other EF tests.

Does that seem reasonable?

I don't think any of this will make any difference to the school peeps. It might help me come up with our own treatment plan.