When I requested an IEE for DD, I requested a list of people from the district, called almost all of them, and they all seemed to think it was appropriate to give her the WJ-Ach. to test for learning disabilities and that's about it. I did finally find an evaluator (from a university) who gave her the TOWL for writing, but it was amazing to me that no one else seemed to do any testing that wasn't the Woodcock Johnson. People hadn't even heard of tests like the PAL-2. The WJ-Ach didn't give us the info we needed, or address my concerns (extended writing ability) so, like you, I felt like I was in a black hole and it was extremely annoying that I couldn't even seem to locate an independent evaluator who was able to grasp what my concern was. If you are able to reach this woman, Mazzocco, ask her if she knows of anyone appropriate that can test in your area. If you can find someone that would even be able to do a decent IEE, then ask for one from your district, since they seem to have no idea what they are doing. It's not just about the testing, you also need recommendations for how she should be taught, curriculum, etc.