You guys have made so much progress in the last few years. It's really amazing, and the fact that it seems like the IEP meeting time is now focused on math is a signal of just how many issues you've made progress on.

When was KeyMath given to her? Instead of letting them read off the scores, I would get them written down with percentiles, and examine them, alongside the description & grade level of skills she's missing (the software generates this automatically). I'd also want to know how long she took. Ask to see the test booklet. I'm not sure what a retest would reveal if the test was recent. However, if there are significant differences from the WJ fluency scores (it sounds like there are), then the lack of automaticity might be the core difficulty in progressing mathematically.

What's the problem with counting on fingers? Seriously. It's a manipulative that we always carry with us. They don't get lost, and you don't have to ask the teacher to get them down off the high shelf for you. When she's done counting on her fingers, does she then have to count the fingers, or does she look at her hands to know the answer? If she does all this reliably, it would indicate to me that she does have a sense of the meaning of mathematical operations, and she's got automaticity of item-to-number correspondence. This would indicate that manipulatives would indeed be useful in helping her progress mathematically (if not arithmetically).

Does *she* have a problem with using her fingers as a result of past negative experiences?

The main difficulty with counting on fingers is it's slow.