Originally Posted by aquinas
Not only is that teacher clearly malicious, he seems like a moron based on his incoherent writing.

I'm so sorry that your DS has been treated so appallingly. I hope you'll encourage his continued art study, because he has talent!
I felt the same way--that is was clear malice. For a visual: this teacher is about 50, he is LITERALLY 6'9" and has girth to match...while my son hasn't broken 5 feet yet, is small and wide-eyed, quite boyish.

I kept wanting to find a quote/meme, etc., to the effect that kids aren't abused when they are behaving well--which is true. I kept anticipating my complaints would be met with something along the lines of "your DS was misbehaving" and getting stuck on that point.

I haven't found a single person IRL who excused some of the things my son faced this year...and my friends/family all tend to be fair, level-headed, and objective. If anything, we are more apt to bend over backward to try to take the "other" perspective. But in the case of this teacher--I can't find it. All I see is an ugly, impatient, narcissistic creep who should have retired a long time ago.

I think my son is over it. Not so sure about myself...never dreamed I'd have to go into school situations prepared to fight.