Hi Aquinas,

It's gotten better for us too. At almost 4.5, DS still talks nonstop when he is interested in having a conversation or playing or in the bathtub/shower... Lots of interpretive dance and singing here too. He is absolutely silent when reading, which he does very intensely. I check in on him because the silence makes me a bit nervous that he might be up to something.

He is eating better too. He will sit and eat at the table with us. Occasionally, he wanders off for a bit, but he comes back to finish eating. He doesn't eat as quickly at the table as he does when watching tv or reading a book, but we are now easing into those better eating habits. We no longer feed him while playing. He's welcome to take a break and have a snack though and often does. He still out and out refuses most junk food, so some of those early habits have paid off. He just didn't develop a taste for them (yet).

Some days he intensely wants my attention and input and other days, he really just wants to be independent and my presence (hovering) just isn't wanted. I can actually make a real meal that takes a lot of prep. Two years ago I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

As for sleeping, he sleeps in a bed tent that looks like a race car over a twin mattress on the floor. He still rolls out of bed every once in a while, so it isn't on a box spring or bed frame. Every once in a while, he'll call for me to get him a cup of water in the middle of the night, even though he knows it is next to his bed. No complaints on my end though. He'll probably grow out of it eventually.