I'm reviving this thread because it is so à propos. 2 years later, DS is still a non-stop conversation on legs. Everything is lived through a detailed play-by-play, often accompanied by excitement that leaks out physically as an impromptu Martha Graham style interpretive dance. Thankfully, he now eats (with a steady stream of books.)

I, on the other hand, have gotten softer around the edges (both figuratively and literally!) Now, DS can accompany me on my workouts (and I have learned to listen patiently to a diatribe on whatever while doing deadlifts) and I can slap together a meal for us that takes more than 5 minutes of active prep. The constant input need is still exhausting, but in a more forgiving way than before because DS is developing a better appreciation that his parents do fatigue.

One big sanity saver has been DS' sleep maturation, whereby he can self-sustain sleep for an hour or more without direct physical contact. I no longer need to actively manage his sleep environment. (As I type, he's snoozing beside me, without our touching, as hammering is going on below us.)

I'd be interested in a redux from the other posters.

What is to give light must endure burning.