Good to hear that you had an experienced evaluator. Presumably that profile was slow-but-accurate? All the same, I am not sure that I agree that the low math fluency score is due primarily to lack of exposure to advanced math skills. Advanced math skills per se do not raise math fluency. I would say that is a reversal of causality. In my experience, it's more that lack of math fluency for basic calculations can interfere with advanced math skills. I -would- buy that it could be due to a difference between his ability to calculate and his experience with pencil skills (based on age or interest, maybe handedness), especially as that is consistent with the lower Coding-vs-Symbol-Search score.

One other thought: do you know if the digit span was the result of a low digits forward and high digits backward, or evenly average?

In any case, it sounds like you have a good resource nearby, in case additional concerns arise as you monitor his progress. E.g., if the fluency and fine-motor speed scores don't rise naturally.

ETA: I can see that advanced math might give a child reason to master math facts, though, when simple arithmetic isn't engaging enough.

Last edited by aeh; 03/21/15 03:44 PM.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...