Originally Posted by DeeDee
Do you see similar behavior in other contexts? Or is it only at school?

I would not ignore the possibility of some kind of 2E issue without investigating further. But if the problems are seen in only one context, I'd try to solve it in that particular context.

I have seen the same behavior, but not when he is engaged in what he is doing. One example is while sitting on the bench during a soccer game, he is known to fool around and not pay attention to what is going on in the game. We saw it to a lesser extent when we were trying to work with him on his 100 question math fact tests. He knew the facts, but could not concentrate to do all 100 problems in 10 minutes. But if it's a Wimpy Kid book or Minecraft, or more recently learning to program Scratch or Java, he can concentrate like nobody I have ever seen.

I have spoken to both his Sunday School, Junior Church and AWANA leaders, they say he is the best kid in the class.

I doubt we have a 2E situaton mainly because the reason we had him tested was because of the behaviors we saw during soccer bench time and during the math tests the psych said there was no concern for ADD or ADHD - he tested as a normal 7 year old. Which is why I am thinking it's lack of challenge (a better way of phrasing it than boredom!) However it is equally possible that I am not looking at all sides of this thing, so your input and questions are most welcome!

Last edited by Mr and Mrs P; 03/20/15 07:09 PM. Reason: added quote