I hope it helps to share personal experiences; I received unsolicited comments my whole life. First of all, you hope that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion; I never understand people who think they have to comment on you. It can come with being a very, nice person, so maybe people take advantage of that personality. Even in meetings for the gifted families, the gifted people are all very polite and listening respectfully, meanwhile, we might be listening to someone who has no first-handed experience with giftedness themselves and you are wondering why you are spending an hour listening to their information. Please do not let them mislabel your wonderful child. We might be a small percentage of the population; we might have great advantages academically, but we don't have to be made to feel as if our opinions should categorically be disregarded, because we are not the school teacher, etc. It makes me feel for the scientists, who try to help people with their various problems that might be able to be solved through science, but it seems like no one is listening.