I can only speak from my truth - it has been a huge advantage always and it has occurred to me that even though none of our four parents have college degrees, they had a high intelligence and it definitely helped them in their jobs to make a better living than you would expect.

Back to the original post, it is great that you are thinking it through and preparing for the next meeting. We don't post here all year long. Right now I am thinking about next steps and posting helps me discover how I really feel. We share also to save others our mistakes, as in I wish someone had warned us how to navigate. Even if a teacher or two have first-hand experience with giftedness, somehow, in their role as teacher they might not have the time / energy to make sure your child's needs are met.

Keep feeling out the town you are in. Some places might feel safer to speak about IQ. But, if you are in an area where you know it is controversial, I can attest that some really strong parent advocates (seems like the parents working on this issue from decades ago, paving the way) have been stigmatized and since now there is social media, we would be more understated. All the best. Know there are space limits, but if I could telepath what I was thinking it would be much longer. Good luck. We'll probably be back in the fall.