Personally I don't have a problem showing ID to enter a school. A parent not being allowed to enter or to observe their child's classroom? That I do have a problem with.

All last year we were not allowed to spend even 5 seconds in DD's classroom. With a teacher who was utterly out of her depth and didn't seem to make even token efforts to implement the IEP, no efforts whatsoever to accommodate or differentiate, a child with school based anxiety and reports of paras and other adults making amazingly inappropriate comments to and about her we were absolutely helpless. DD required alternate lighting in order to help with her migraines - we were never even able to see if the proper lighting was set up for her. And when our education consultant asked the principal why she had singled DD and our family out to be treated so badly she told him it was because she believed at some point I had entered the building without properly signing in. I don't remember ever doing this and wouldn't have been allowed past the office in any case, not to mention that someone would have had to buzz me in. but in her mind this possibility justified intentionally making my then 7-8 year old's life as difficult as possible.

Again safety concerns I understand. But the type of thing we experienced was purely an attempt to desperately clutch onto power and control. And the worst is that despite a crescendo of complaints by parents outside the school building no one said or did anything because they feared retaliation. That has nothing to do with fear of shooters or pedophiles. That has to do with fear of the person entrusted with your child's safety. How sad is that?