Try not to figure it out. For our brains, it will only give you angst. I literally grit my teeth, remember what I had to get through. Then, imagine your child finally at a worthwhile university with respected programs with noise-guards on ears actually studying in a library and learning something.

It is like an obstacle course, waiting for all of the non-intellectuals to leave and then you are left with the people who have brains like yours.

It is painful having to relive it as a gifted parent raising a gifted child. The schools have no idea.

It is possible that someone with an average IQ just cannot understand higher IQ people. I now understand why I keep hearing about Google's interview / screening test. Good for them.

The really high sensitivity, highly intelligent parents are shocked at what passes for education. Would not believe it if we had not experienced it ourselves.

Run to another school. This one will be more of the same and it is just not worth speaking about because they are not listening.