Sorry, but I don't see how any adult can function without some sort of photo ID. When my kids renewed their p-a-s-s-p-o-r-t-s it took less than two weeks to receive the new ones. Not a big deal. Heck, the kids need photo ID to take the SAT or ACT now, so might as well get an ID.

And if the school (or any other place) is going to require photo ID for one person, they really need to require it for all. You don't know who might be a danger to others, which kid has a non-custodial parent that requires supervised visits, etc. There was one parent that DH and I couldn't understand why he was hesitant to help with the rec sports. Such a nice guy, our kids are friends with his kids, our kids have been over to his home for birthday parties, etc. Then we see his photo as the lead story on the local evening news (and we live in a major metropolitan area).

Everyone here accepts that we don't know the allergies or medical conditions of other folks...why can't we accept that we don't know the criminal background of other folks?