Originally Posted by Irena
Originally Posted by blackcat
Has anyone ever written an email or letter to a principal praising a teacher and saying what a good experience you had? Maybe cc'ing the teacher? I'm debating doing this.

I can not wait for this to be my problem! I am so going to praise that teacher! That's awesome Blackcat! Right now a para that scribes for DS is great - I got her a gift for teachers appreciation day and plan to give her one at the end of the year. I wonder if I should write a letter about her? I have already told the principal and ass't principal and director of spec ed that we are very happy with her. I can't wait for this to be something I have to do for a teacher in the future! On the other hand, I am not donating towards a present or getting anything for his regular teacher. I know it's petty but I just can't bring myself to spend money on a teacher who purposefully and intentionally asked all of the kids in class to join in ridiculing my child. That was the straw, ya know? So I used the money I am not spending on older DS's nasty teacher and spent extra on my younger son's pre-school teachers (because they have been so sweet to him) and older DS's para.

I know, I told her I wish I could clone her for next year. DS only had her for a short few months (after we switched schools). We are transferring DS yet again and the current teacher and IEP manager went with me to the new school to meet with the new teacher, principal, OT, etc. and the teacher really went to bat for DS, trying to get him advanced work. She had a huge crate full of assessments and things she'd done on him. I don't know how it's going to go with the new teacher but I am positive that if I had gone in there myself talking about my little genius needing advanced work, it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.