Dear atrocious middle school teacher,

I wonder if you realize the irony in marking children down for failing to turn in homework on time when you cannot answer a direct question on when it will be due or even if the project will be due sometime this week. You are specifically charged with helping them develop academic organizational skills and yet only managed to enter four homeworks into the grade book before it was closed for the quarter. Multiple projects that DD devoted full time to for weeks were never graded, even just for completion, did you notice?

Thank you for dropping her math grade based on grammar, neatness, and decoration in creating restaurant menus and hand puppets. I can see how you didn't see her as a candidate for advanced work, despite perfect scores on the unit pretests, since you misunderstood that the advanced group got automatic 100%s on everything and she hadn't been doing enough coloring. I also appreciate your assertions that candidates for acceleration should be 'some kind of genius' who magically were able to pass a demanding exam without ever having seen the vocabulary before, and that the entire math department is unanimous in believing no one should be accelerated because they all fail. Thankfully we have received a letter from the head of the department stating otherwise.

You have taught DD several important lessons in 'consider the source' and which adults are worthy of respect. I am sure they will stay with her for life. I hope your supervisors are thinking about whether these lessons are on the approved curriculum.

Sincerely,
parent of a child whose success you will never understand