Dear Competent First Grade Teacher,

Thanks for taking my child into your class with almost no notice and taking the time needed to prepare for him out of your personal life. You have done much more for him than I would have ever expected a teacher to do. Thanks for taking the time to look through the records to learn more about his developmental history, and for giving him so many assessments to find out his academic level and the "gaps". We appreciate the special lessons you have planned for him to close those gaps, and for giving him material everyday that helps him to learn and grow. Thank you for sitting down with him and working with him on his atrocious writing. It was kind of you to make sure that he was feeling comfortable in his new school, and making friends. You showed concern about how he was doing even at recess, where you are not the one responsible. Thank you for constructing several slant boards for him when the "binder" proved to be inadequate, and making sure that he uses the slant boards, which the old teacher wouldn't do. Wish I could clone you for next year.