Outside of anonymous message boards, a few close friends and close family we don't tend to discuss our kids in detail. It didn't take long to learn that our normal wasn't exactly normal smile

Most people who spend any amount of time with them (DS in particular) eventually come to their own conclusions. They might think he is hothoused to know all he does about the odd topics he obsesses over. Once you are lucky enough to be interrogated by him (or witness him interrogating us) then they usually understand that he is the one driving this bus. I use the word interrogated because honestly, it seems too relaxed to say that he asks questions. It is intense.

Sometimes it cracks me up watching him interact with kids his age in front of other parents. I love watching the reactions he sometimes can get out of people and they usually look at me and I just smile and shrug my shoulders. He's only 7 so there aren't any filters at this point so it can be quite entertaining.

eyreapparent - I had basically the same conversation with DS a few years ago. Buckle up, in my experience the questions keep getting crazier wink