Originally Posted by eyreapparent
That answer was not acceptable to her. She continued, "Ya but why am I me and why is she her. Who decides who is who and why?"

I remember going on vacation while I was pregnant with my daughter. DS13 (then 4) had so many questions about what was going on, I just bought a basic book about pregnancy (lots of pictures) and took it with us on the plane. We spent considerable time looking at pictures of babies growing inside of mommies.

Originally Posted by eyreapparent
I fail to see how, if some children think like this at 3 or 4 years old how they can even out with other children by grade 3? That would mean that they would have to stagnate for the next 4 years. That logic is mind boggling.

Agreed. It drives me to distraction. I think that an important thing that drives it is that schools generally do NOT grok gifted kids, and they especially do not grok kids who are highly gifted or more/HG+. I suspect that there is an idea of what "gifted" looks like (high achievers who don't complain, in part). Kids who don't fit it are therefore not gifted.

Last edited by Val; 01/13/14 01:26 PM.