All I got from the article is that he chooses not to recognize anyone as gifted unless they meet the criteria based on IQ testing.

I remember when I first joined this board, I was asking questions about whether or not I should have my DD IQ tested and many people offered opinions that were so insightful and beneficial.

We have no gifted public education here in MI, I do not have the financial resources to send DD to a gifted private school I more or less wanted her IQ tested so I knew exactly WHO and WHAT I was dealing with. Essentially, just to ease my own mind from any curiosity of whether or not I was adequately helping my very bright DD or hurting her by not doing enough.

Based on the feedback and personal anecdotes I received I decided not to test at this time. But there are so many signs pointing towards genuine giftedness and not just preparedness or being brighter then average.

So I guess I am just going to have to be categorized as one of "those" parents. It would have bothered me a year or two ago, but I have realized that my DD and I have nothing to prove, this is her journey, I just want her to make the most of it and feel like she has every opportunity possible.

I appreciate having this board to read and gather information, to help me because I am more then likely not gifted wink and appreciate the guidance and advice that I receive to navigate my DD forward on her journey.