Um...

so, my DD and I both seem to score about a 7 or so here on the Beighton index:

http://www.ednf.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1360&Itemid=88889296

Um, everyone can pretty much do that, right? DD can actually put her thumb all the way up ON her forearm, no problem. I can do about what is shown in the photo. She can put her TOES into her armpit. Seriously.

Her hands are like textbook pictures of arachnodactyly-- truly, this could BE my daughter's hands.

and what's more-- she can TOTALLY do this.

We both have nearly transparent skin that bruises if you even look at it wrong.

In doing more reading, EDS could also explain my profound inability to thermoregulate-- something that I never even thought about.

DD also has significant scoliosis, which developed quite rapidly (over a period of about four months before it was enough that I noticed it).

Thinking that we might should mention some concern re: our own little family carnival sideshow at our next visit, actually. Good thing it's soon. Kind of freaking me out as I revisit past cardiac stuff with this possibility in mind.

I really appreciate the forthright discussions of connective-tissue disorders here over the past few years. I don't know that I'd have put together hypermobility + scoliosis + another recent quirk, otherwise. Nobody else was going to, either-- because this was something that came out of multiple professional/medical settings that are unrelated to one another.

This may well explain why she has SUCH pain in her hands after more than about 20 minutes of really hard use-- even after 8 years of piano, she simply cannot practice for more than 30 minutes.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.