Thanks Sweetie and MumofThree. I wondered about hypermobile joints, and he does have them, but I don't think they are that severe. I have them as well, for instance my fingers and elbows. I'm getting PT for a broken elbow and the PT keeps referring to my elbows as "weird" since they naturally bend in strange directions. DS also has hyptonia but it's not severe. Stranely, he met motor milestones like sitting, crawling, and walking as an infant on time.

DS has a chromosomal disorder (balanced translocation) that runs in our family (I have it as well)--the docs act like it's completely obvious that some of these issues like hyp0tonia and the DCD are from that (he has a possible Chiari 1 brain malformation as well), but the school criteria doesn't even address that. They would say that's a medical diagnosis, not an educational diagnosis.

So hard to say in what way exactly, the TBI impacted him and how much it is just the DCD/hypotonia and the fact that he didn't get therapies for a year, therefore regressed. Plus it didn't help that he was kept out of recess/phy ed for months.