Hi. I am not sure I agree with your assessment of her daughter. The only reason I say this is because PG can be measured in different ways. I have two sons that are both PG, but they are VASTLY different in their giftedness. My DS9 is a lego master that can build entire cities to scale with random legos. My DS6 would probably just come and knock the things down..lol. But he'll explain complex math theories to you like he's reading a cereal box. They are totally different kids with completely different PGness. Maybe her daughter is PG, but just in a different way? Neither of you should be comparing your children because after all, they are different kids entirely. smile

I didn't even realize our younger son was PG until later in his life when he started spouting out mathematical solutions that were beyond even my own comprehension. But it took him the ability to really understand language before he could show us his stuff, so to speak. My older son was putting together lego sets for 9-14 yo's at age 18 months, so we had a clue early on. Again, younger son and legos do not mix. So, we just thought all PG kids had the lego thing going out. But they don't. And your child and her child could be on the same level but just with different talents. Every one is unique. You can start by telling her that.