Originally Posted by cdfox
However, there's one parent who keeps bugging me and really persisting in interrogating me on what DS is doing academically. Her dd is about 10 months younger than my DS. Her dd is gifted, but not PG. She hasn't been tested or taken the same edu route as DS, but I do know she's reading at about 3rd grade level.

DD's mother seems to think she's in control of making her DD pg or that there's some magic potion formula or something, which remains elusive to her. She's like a Tiger Mom.

How do you deal with these other parents and in these situations? I'm guess I'm looking for something quick and glib to say. I keep struggling to find the right words or actions on what to do. Pass the bean dip doesn't seem to cut it.

I wonder what would happen if you developed a power point presentation with graphics showing the inherent superiority on all relevant metrics of your DS when compared to her dd at that age?

That would certainly answer her question.

Maybe then she will leave you alone.

I would also think that the Egyptian civilization would be more interesting than meso-American civilizations, but that's just my personal bias as an amateur meta-historian.

(Granted, I was always a fan of comparisons growing up. And I should note that I suffered no ego damage when presented with someone who was profoundly more intelligent than I was. Although his brother caused me some minor embarrassment at one point professionally, but that was my fault.)