Thanks, thanks, thanks!

JonLaw - yes, I agree about Ancient Egypt smile. I thought my DS would spend a longer time than he did with that civilization but we quickly went on to the Olmecs, Mayans, Aztecs, Incas, Toltecs, Zapotecs, etc.

I've never been a fan of comparison with my siblings or cousins, but then I'm a middle child of three. Then again, we weren't exactly comparable. I didn't have the STEM background for the comparisons to the brainiacs/eg/pgs in the family either and I'm nothing like my older Aspie sister or younger brother.

Polarbear - Well, I would avoid her if I could and try to do. However, our kids are friends and we often bump into each other at various local homeschooling events, places, etc. At those times, like yesterday, she seems to pigeonhole me into a corner and awkward situation. It then seems to become a matter of diplomacy.

Yes, I agree that this person is insecure in themselves. Of course, videos are a good suggestion and a way to veer off in another discussion. I know this might seem dumb, but I didn't think of it. I just kind of go into a panic and withdraw when people start interrogating me about Ds's pg or academic situation.

I think heading off a discussion with comments with testing is another good suggestion.