How can I stop other gifted parents from making comparisons between my pg ds7 to other gifted children? I've been getting into some awkward situations and would like some tips on what to say or do with some other parents who insist on making comparisons to him with their gifted kids who are being homeschooled too.

I'm homeschooling my ds7, an only child. He's working on a 6th grade curriculum and reading adult/college books on the Mesoamerican civilizations. He's been tested. I'm in the process of having him re-tested again due to his rapid accelerations and applying for DYS. He's been in two private gifted schools; neither one of the them could accommodate him. The first private gifted school believed he was pg.

I try very hard to avoid discussing ds's rapid acceleration or pgness in public or with other gifted parents who homeschool too. I usually stay mute or nod/laugh/shake my head. I try to say as little as possible. However, there's one parent who keeps bugging me and really persisting in interrogating me on what DS is doing academically. Her dd is about 10 months younger than my DS. Her dd is gifted, but not PG. She hasn't been tested or taken the same edu route as DS, but I do know she's reading at about 3rd grade level.

DD's mother seems to think she's in control of making her DD pg or that there's some magic potion formula or something, which remains elusive to her. She's like a Tiger Mom. I said that she shouldn't make comparisons between my son and her daughter and that her daughter will make the leaps with math and reading and move beyond the obsession with fairies when she's ready. This seems to fall on deaf ears.

How do you deal with these other parents and in these situations? I'm guess I'm looking for something quick and glib to say. I keep struggling to find the right words or actions on what to do. Pass the bean dip doesn't seem to cut it.