Okay so quick question. I talked more with DS about "library classroom" class. Apparently, there has been a great deal of writing in there all year. DS never got help. He tearfully shared about different assignments how he wanted so much to participate in them but just couldn't keep up and couldn't write, including tests for the class. I want to see this work. I want to see how bad it is.

I now have the library classroom teachers email and I actually see her every Monday b/c I volunteer at library exchange.

Do you think I could request to see DS's all year long work? I get that from his main teacher but I never see anything form the specials teachers. Should I request a parent teacher conference with her? I really just want to see his work product.

Or should I just let it go? I am really interested in seeing the work DS produced in this situation where he was not given a scribe.

I was thinking of requesting that she bring his work to Library exchange this Monday (or next) so I can see it. We have another IEP mtg set up for the 23rd to hammer out the specifics of the scribing accommodation. This may be really good stuff to show why he needs the scribing and how bad he *really* is.

Thoughts? Advice?

Last edited by marytheres; 04/14/13 10:17 AM.