Thanks MON and Aquinas. MON, sounds like you have really 'been there, done that' with this stuff. Amazing you got 'in trouble' for being informative - it actually helps them to be protected if everyone knows what they need to know and do!

I'll have to be even more pushy about it in the future, I guess. I actually had this concern in the beginning of the year and clearly verbalized it on a number of occasions. The teacher assured me she would share everything with the specials teachers and paras when I asked for the names and contact info of each specials teachers. This year is his first year but we (parents) are not even given the name of each specials teacher (there is a directory but if I don't the name...) Anyway, I asked again about this at our 1st IEP meeting at the end of September (back then I was specifically concerned about the specials teachers) and again asked for names and contact info. I was assured again that each specials teacher and para would be informed. A mandate that all staff is to be informed about DS's IEP and accommodations was placed in the IEP to appease me. So, this is yet ANOTHER violation of the IEP. At the last IEP meeting I got more insistent about having paras at the meeting (as well as other teachers such as special teachers) - this time I was met with great resistance and again an assurance that everyone is informed. {They also basically said DS was lying about what the para said to him. Things got heated. The advocate pointed out DS has no reason to lie and principal said 1st graders are known not to be accurate with their accounts of what happened to which I responded employees are know to purposely lie to cover their butts. But I digress}
At that point I really thought the specials teachers were informed and that there were not any real problems there. I had no idea things were getting this bad for DS in specials. So DS was getting no accommodations in specials and he had a para putting him down for needing accommodations . And they wondered why he was "irritable" and I love their solution, which was "I know! He needs social skills class!" I think the lot of them need socials skills classes!

I'll have to look at how to call an IEp meeting and formally put the request of the attendance of paras and specials teachers in my next IEP request. If they refuse (which based on the reactions I have gotten in previous similar requests is most likely) and this crap happens again I guess that is just more fuel. But I really don't want problems. I want DS to stay in this school and be happy and properly and appropriately educated. I mean, c'mon some of this stuff is not that hard or complicated. frown

Last edited by marytheres; 04/11/13 08:37 PM.