Originally Posted by master of none
I wouldn't start off with "Another meeting on this may be a great idea! Thank you so much for suggesting it!" Sounds too much like you want another meeting. And I'd be briefer. Looks like you want to say,
1. I sent the last email at the request of the team, but if you think it requires a meeting, fine, we'll be there.
2. But, we will soon have eval results and could cut down on the number of meetings if we wait a few weeks.

I wouldn't go into the details of expected results. Wait until you have them. I'd go with something like this:

Thanks for your response. I thought that at the last meeting I was asked to think more about the issue of what to do when DS seems to want to write more than permitted by the accommodation, talk it over with DS and report back to the IEP team. I have done that in my previous email. If you believe my email warrants a meeting, we can do that.

There is an additional consideration, DS just had a very in-depth evaluation yesterday (Occupational Therapy, Auditory and Auditory Processing, Dyslexia/Dysgraphia, etc) and I will get the report in approxmiately two weeks. Additionally, we have a neuropsychological evaluation coming up as well. So, I am thinking maybe we should just proceed with the current IEP and defer formally meeting again until after I get all of the results of these evaluations?

As we all know, anyone can call an IEP meeting and I certainly respect your right to do so. I have no problem meeting - after all, DS is my child and I will whatever I need to do to ensure he has access to his education and is properly accommodated. Therefore, of course, I would be more than happy to check with my advocate and my husband and get back to you on some dates and times. It is my understanding that IEP meeting times have to be workable times for both my advocate, my husband and myself so I apologize that I can not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate you request for an 8:00 am meeting but we will do our best and I am sure we can come up with some workable alternative times that are good for ALL of us, if an 8;00 am time is not possible.

Let me know if you want to proceed with a meeting, and I'll get back to you with times.

Sincerely,
This should be a template letter - spot on a perfect blend of being assertive and acommodating!