Originally Posted by Pemberley
My suggestion, which was adopted, was to say "DD will be 'encouraged' to write one sentence and will be 'allowed' to write up to (_____ #) sentences." The spec ed teacher pointed out that no one should insist she write on any given day because sometimes she just can't. If it appears that DD wants to write more than the upper limit and is becoming frustrated she can do more while with the service providers who work with her on writing tasks and the number can be revisited at future IEP meetings. (The teacher expressed her desire to be able to be included in the list of people who could use her own judgement and allow DD to do whatever amount of writing she thought was appropriate. I guess what came next could be described as "verbal blunt force trauma" as I listed the reasons why this teacher should not and could not be allowed to exercise such judgement...)

Oh this is good... why SPECIALLY TRAINED SPECIAL EDUCATORS can't come up with anything close to these kind of suggestions and accommodations really surprises me... What the heck are they learning in these "special" "education" classes? This is the first time they have a student with dysgraphia/writing disability? Anyway, This is good! Thank you!