Originally Posted by polarbear
Originally Posted by ABQMom
You asked if it rang a bell and how to prepare for a possible IQ, and after raising three gifted kids, I'd have to say that only time will tell. My kid who achieved milestones the earliest and seemed the most gifted as a toddler is probably the lowest IQ of the three - although still obviously gifted. The one who missed most of his milestones and still hasn't managed to register a valid IQ likely has the highest if we can ever measure it.

So keep track of them (it will matter to committees when you're asking for testing/services) and just enjoy your kiddo.

Ditto to everything ABQmom said. I also have three kids, one of which matched just about everything on your list at the same age. She's HG but she's not my highest IQ kiddo, she's in the middle of my three. She's very much a high achiever and for the most part looks like your classic "gifted" child as recognized by schools (ie, high achievement), but she's 2e and still struggling with reading and phonics - in third grade. My ds, otoh, also 2e, didn't start to even talk until he was 3 and didn't match much of anything on your list. Once he started talking it was obvious he was thinking at a level that was well beyond his peers. He's my EG kiddo, and he's never been one to easily benchmark against anything.

Definitely write down the benchmarks you're noting as your ds grows - as Lisa mentioned, you'll be asked about them when he's tested as well as you might be able to use them later on if you're trying to get him gifted services.

And in the meantime, have fun! Enjoy these early years smile

polarbear

Thanks for weighing in, polarbear! Would it be helpful to collect "corroborating" support from third parties, such as our paediatrician, to lend credibility to my claims? I try to catch videos of some of the more "outlandish" activities on my iPhone, but I'm not much of a cinematographer! Plus, these talents reveal themselves unannounced.

What is to give light must endure burning.