Originally Posted by ultramarina
Yes, my DD also enjoyed memorization as a young toddler. She learned most of the countries in the world and a huge array of flags at that age. I was reminded of this when you talked about your bedtime ritual. We used to have her find 8 countries and 6 flags (or something) as part of the bedtime routine. Interestingly, she probably knew more world geography at 2 than she does now at 9. (I'm sure she could pick it up if she were motivated to, though; she learned the 50 states and capitals effortlessly.)

Amazing! I've heard good things about GeoPuzzles, which might start to be "fun" over the next year. When I was maybe 2, one of my favourite books was "Around the a world with the Word Gang", which featured cultural vignettes that a band of globe-trotting animals experienced. The allure of the foreign is irresistible at any age! smile

Funny story, but I remember noticing the crappy decor my in-laws had in photos of my husband's nursery as a baby. The only thing that stood out was a laminated world map!

Last edited by aquinas; 01/02/13 08:02 PM.

What is to give light must endure burning.