Mmm... some similarities. I can't recall exactly their ages, but somewhere around 14-16 months:

1) DS for sure. He was very fascinated with mechanics. He wouldn't just play with toys - he'd analyze them (sometimes taking them apart) to see how they worked.

2) DD. It was creepy. Neither of my two spoke a word until 24 months, but far earlier on, DD's comprehended vocabulary was just... out of this world. You could ask her for ANYTHING and she'd find it and point at it. I never did inventory and count, but I wish I had. She knew the alphabet (could read the letters) at 16 months, and prior to that there were so, so many words/things that she knew.

3) Both. For SURE. They love math, and it started early

4) Just DD. DS had some fine motor challenges.

5) DD - OMGYES. DS - pretty good.

6) Both everything except verbal. My two were silent at that age.

7) Just DD. DS still has problems with that (now 8). Getting better though.

8) Neither

9) Hmm. Both slept well, but got fussy quickly while awake unless engaged. Sleeping was no problem though.

I'm pretty sure neither is PG/EG - just HG/MG. I was very similar at that age and tested as HG in my 20s. I think it's really, really hard to tell when they're that little. When DD was 3, she was... wow... I think she might have tested as PG, and there's no way she's PG. I almost think (for the sake of accuracy) that testing should wait until early adulthood, but by then it's too late to use the test get them help in school.

Last edited by CCN; 01/02/13 08:40 AM.