Originally Posted by Zen Scanner
#9 for sure; we needed lots of noise in the house, including the TV always on. Couldn't fall asleep by himself with nothing going on, often in front of the TV or sitting in a chair and spinning. We now tell him (age 7) that he wouldn't go to sleep as a baby and we had to make him so dizzy he would passout every night.

I personally can't really remember much outside of just thematic stuff like that with a couple of incidents sprinkled in( particularly at what age what happened.) Though we do swear he had psychic powers around that age and an obsession with buttons.

I know it was around 20 months when he noticed letters and got fascinated by them and started accumulating sight words and the alphabet.

Thanks especially for the behavioural corroboration, ZenScanner! That's also a helpful benchmark re: early literacy to keep in mind. We have a set of magnetic letters which we use to spell out words of special interest, and my son can pretty consistently identify "t" and "h" phonetically, but we're not pushing the individual letters. We shall see how that goes...!

From your experience, would you recommend focusing on only lowercase or uppercase letters, or do you prefer the blend in standard prose?

What is to give light must endure burning.