Bumping for more input on CAPD if anyone here has it. An open-ended discussion with DD yielded the following info...she says she has trouble with:

--following a conversation when more than one person is talking at once
--remembering oral multi-step directions
--paying attention to a quieter voice when other voices are around her

She volunteered this info--I did not solicit it. That is pretty CAPD-ish, huh? She denies having trouble actually hearing, though of course, she may not know that she does, since she used to living in that body. She has a long history of serious middle ear infections in toddlerhood and had ear tubes.

The thing that doesn't fit is that she has no reading issues, no spelling issues, nada. So my question is whether that would be typical in a gifted kid with CAPD or whether that would pretty much always go along with it. I'll look into the screening for sure. She's going to start OT soon and they have audiology and so on on staff there so it should be easy. The testing looks nice and concrete.

She IS a "Huh?" kid. She's also a kid who looks bewildered a fair bit. Sort of a "Why is this confusing to you?" sort of character, since you know she's smart. It's always fairly easy to get her set straight, so it's never really that big a deal, but. She is also very literal and tends to miss some nuance in conversation at times, or to be slightly "behind."

Last edited by ultramarina; 06/08/12 12:30 PM.