BTW, this is a big and hotsy-totsy university psychiatric practice with a side specialty in ASD. I was specifically referred to this group by a local autism clearinghouse when I asked for someplace that would be good for gifted ASD girls. But I don't know if these particular psychs do ASD evals themselves--I should look that up. I feel like I am starting to look sort of like autism Munchausen parent at this point, which is weird because I don't get why other people don't see it, really. DH says I may have ASD-tinted glasses on and thus am seeing all anxiety and behavioral issues this way. One of the psychs also said this--"Sometimes these anxious kids can look sort of ASD in some ways, but professionally we see differences in the way the groups converse and interact." (Does that ring a bell for anyone? Basically, I think what she was trying to say was that anxious kids also may act odd/"off", but that there is a typicalness to anxious kids' social and interpersonal interactions that she discerned but that I might not be able to. But this seems to be relying on a sort of "gestalt" view of ASD and I know many here really dislike that kind of "diagnosis.")

Last edited by ultramarina; 05/24/12 09:34 AM.