Kriston - I like your response to those who ask about educational preferences. Short and simple and honest. I'll try that one. smile

Everyone -

Regarding friends, DS5 has never found a little buddy that he just really enjoys playing with. We are involved in lots of things around town. And he was in preschool for a year and a half, and now is in Mothers' Day Out, church activities, and MOPS. My point is there has been a lot of exposure to other children. We invite different children over to play, and try to create a lot of opportunities. Usually what happens is this: I gently but repeatedly have to remind him not to ignore his little buddy who's over playing. DS prefers to hang out with the adults, or with the toddlers and entertain them. I know he's just five, but it seems like most of the other children we know, even several years younger, enjoy playing with a few of the same friends again and again and seem to really have developed true friendships. DS is confident, friendly, never the shover/pusher/rowdy kid, and often approaches groups of children with, "HI, guys! Can I play?" He is perfectly content to go to a friend's house and explore his room and toys and ignoring the child mostly. Yet we have absolutely no indication that these behaviors are abnormal (I've shared with our family MD and with our psychologist who did all of our testing)- he's just happy doing his own thing most of the time. The only time I have ever seen him absolutely thrilled to be playing little boy games/anything imaginative with another child is with his cousin, who is about 3 years older. He ADORES him and loves to play with him. But he lives about 20 hours away and we only see him once or twice a year. I guess I've just seen the potential in him to really have FUN with another child and we can't seem to find a good fit around here.

I am planning to join the local HS co-op. I have been told there are quite a few little boys ages 5 to 7 in the co-op this year. Hopefully there will be a few little guys he just enjoys hanging out with. I would love to see him kick back and play with trucks and sticks and mud and just have a blast with another little kid.

Is this a commonality with EG/PG children or am I just overly concerned? (Apologies - a bit off topic.)