Sing it loud, Val! I could have written what you wrote. Dead-on target! Sad, but highly accurate.

Kickball: I'm sorry. I sympathize. I wish I had good advice for you, but I don't, beyond just keep using this forum as you are. It's been my lifesaver on days like the one you were having. I have yet to find much sympathy or undertanding IRL. Even in the GT groups I'm a part of, a lot of people don't seem to get LOGs. GT is GT is GT. It's hard.

(FWIW, I tend to have better luck among secular homeschoolers, who seem to either understand why public school is problematic for an HG+ kid, or at least see the general problems inherent in the current system. <shrug>)

As for DYS: what I always advise people is to try to use examples that distinguish not between and ND child and a GT child, but between MG and HG+. Try to show things that are 3+ years advanced.

And if I had been asked to submit more info for my DS6, I'd have sent video. Even PG 6yos aren't usually writing novels or curing cancer. Video tells the story of an HG+ child much better than a drawing or a page of math problems.

FWIW...

Kriston