Originally Posted by kickball
Our problems arise usually from one topic - school choice. Why on earth do we drive 30-35 minutes one-way to a charter school when our school district lays golden eggs. Why, why, why.

Ah, a friend of mine had her GT child at our magnet school for 3 years and then they moved about 20 minutes away to an area where the elementary school laid those golden eggs, so they switched him to the closer school. Well let's just say after one year at that school they are now back at our magnet. What is wonderful to a ND kid may not be so wonderful to a GT kid. She said he told her after Christmas that they were finally doing something he hadn't done in school before. That is one reason I've told my DH that we cannot move away from our school. It's a really good fit for my children.

I do think a lot of people argue out of insecurity concerning their choices. They are afraid they aren't doing the best thing for their children when you make decisions to do something else with yours. That is one reason I don't feel the need to argue with people, because I am comfortable with the choices I have made for my kids.

I also think all of this does get easier as your kids get older. My kids are the only ones in our neighborhood to go to the magnet school and the neighbors gave me grief when I first made the decision but now it's a non-issue. So hang in there, it does get better!