I was eating chocolate easter eggs during one of the few quiet and still moments of the day, wondering when someone from the curriculum company would call me back, when I decided I was feeling rather isolated in this whole crazy new life.

I am SO glad I decided to hop online and read this thread! smile

Most of my friends are now getting their little ones registered for kindergarten. I get the question several times a week: "So, where is DS5 going to school in the fall?"

I am struggling with this new life. I don't know what to say! We haven't found our way yet. We have decided 100% that we are home schooling, which is what I usually tell my friends. Some of them ask why, but I most certainly do not feel like I can answer honestly.

We recently finished having DS5 tested. He was four at the time. Basically, we were told by the "experts" that he would be most appropriately placed at a third grade level in the fall, when he is eligible to begin kindergarten.

WHO in this city can I talk to about this without sounding like an obnoxious, bragging parent?!! There are certainly no parental support groups for parents with EG/PG kids. I have not found a soul. So I keep it to myself.

My husband and I have agonized over what to do and how to handle this information. Home schooling seems like the only appropriate answer at this point. And, I'm asking myself when DS will ever have a little buddy that he really loves to play with, are we making the right decision, will he be the "weird" little nerd we all remember growing up, which curriculum do I use, how can I keep him plugged in, and on and on...things you all probably ask.

SO... all of this is just to emphasize that I am grateful for this forum.

Thank you for these candid thoughts you have shared. You guys always inspire me by reminding me that I am not alone. Just a newbie and feeling overwhelmed. smile