I failed college before because I have a hard time focusing on things I'm not interested in. If I can't see the point in learning it beyond to pass an exam, I can't get motivated. My daughter has the same problem. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite telling her that she has to do things she doesn't want to sometimes, when I don't like doing them either!

The irony of failure #2 is that I was kicked out for failing Statistics 3 times, while I was busy managing the finances of a company with annual revenues exceeding €1m, assisting my clients with their complicated cross border financial transactions and overseeing my team of 3. I didn't need to know anything in that entire class to do my job, but without it I wasn't allowed to stay in college.

Most recently I dropped out before I even took a class. The day after I enrolled I got yet another $1k+ medical bill in the mail, and that was before I found out my insurance was not going to cover the $1500 we had to pay for my daughters psych eval.

Life just seems to get in the way I guess, but that's what happens when you have kids. My time will come in the end.